- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2013
- Stanford University, B.A., 2010
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Northern Districts of Texas
Lanita S. Morgan is counsel at Schmoyer Reinhard LLP. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Morgan’s practice concentrated on products liability, premises liability, breach of warranty claims in transportation, environment, contaminants and toxic tort, business torts, commercial litigation, and organizational misconduct.
- Activities & Affiliations
Ms. Morgan has extensive experience in state and federal courts across the country. In addition, Ms. Morgan has a breadth of experience managing complex civil litigation and extensive trial dockets throughout the state of Texas. She has represented corporate clients in complex litigation, including but not limited to, personal injury, products liability, environmental, and commercial disputes including breach of contract, corporate fraud, promissory estoppel, misappropriation of trade secrets, and tortious interference.
Ms. Morgan’s experience further includes all phases of litigation, including discovery, depositions, dispositive and pre-trial motions, pleadings, mediations, voir dire, and second chair at jury trials. Ms. Morgan served as the lead associate for two consecutive month-long trials in North Carolina federal court, which rendered favorable defense verdicts in a multimillion-dollar case. In addition, Ms. Morgan obtained a favorable settlement to client after mediation involving breach of covenant non-compete clause. Further, Ms. Morgan served as second chair at a jury trial for a multi-plaintiff multimillion dollar case in Cook County, Illinois.
Ms. Morgan served in the United States Navy and obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Iberian and Latin American Cultures from Stanford University in 2010. She graduated from Michigan State University College of Law in 2013. While in law school, Ms. Morgan was on the Dean’s List and served as the President of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Society.
- Executive Board Director, The Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program
- Pro Bono Attorney, Texas Fair Defense Project and Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Member, Pathfinder and City Lead, Leadership Council for Legal Diversity
- Member, JL Turner Legal Association
- Member, African-American Lawyers Section of Texas Bar
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Women and the Law Section, State Bar of Texas
- Volunteer, Austin Street Shelter
- Volunteer, Second Saturday