- University of Dayton School of Law, 2016
- St. Mary’s University, B.B.A. Financial Risk Management and B.A. Political Science, 2011
- Ohio State Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
(210) 447-8033 phone
(210) 447-8036 fax
Mayra E. Carranza is an associate at Schmoyer Reinhard LLP. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Carranza spent two years at Keating Muething and Klekamp PLL, a corporate law firm based in Cincinnati, Ohio, focusing on complex corporate litigation and business disputes.
- Professional Recognition
- Activities and Affiliations
Ms. Carranza’s practice encompasses all aspects of labor and employment law as well as complex corporate litigation. She has experience handling a wide range of claims including actions brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as well as general business disputes including claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, products liability, and business torts.
Ms. Carranza earned her law degree from the University of Dayton School of Law in 2016, where she served as a Dean’s Fellow and as a Board Member and Business Manager of the University of Dayton Law Review.
Ms. Carranza earned her B.B.A. in Financial Services Risk Management and B.A. in Political Science from St. Mary’s University in 2011. During her time at St. Mary’s University, she interned as a research assistant at The City U.K., a private-sector membership body in London advocating for U.K.-based financial and related professional services, where she authored the annual market overview of the legal services profession in the U.K. for 2009 – 2010.
- Received the CALI Awards for Excellence in Trial Practice – Civil, Appellate Practice and Procedure, and Real Property II.
- Member, Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
- Member, San Antonio Bar Association
- Member, San Antonio Federal Bar Association